Everquest Progression server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for us to organize with so we can create a new guild for the new server.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WARNING: These forums are moving soon...

Go down 
+3
Harcourt
pheerie
Zuth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zuth

Zuth

WARNING: These forums are moving soon... Empty
PostSubject: WARNING: These forums are moving soon...   WARNING: These forums are moving soon... EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 6:11 pm

DNS is now mostly set up for DHSguild.org and deadhalflingsociety.com to migrate to our own hosting for forums/etc. So in the reasonably near future we'll be moving over there - official statement of such to follow once they're up and running. (with a frontend for them to follow shortly after hopefully - Zark hammering out the specifics on that)
Back to top Go down
pheerie

pheerie

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: These forums are moving soon...   WARNING: These forums are moving soon... EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 8:08 pm

dhsguild.org and deadhalflingsociety.com are now pointing to the new location, where hopefully one of our forum wizards will know what do to with them.

This site will need to be accessed from its actual URL for now
Back to top Go down
Zuth

Zuth

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: These forums are moving soon...   WARNING: These forums are moving soon... EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 3:39 pm

BTW already have the basic forums set up at www.dhsguild.org/phpBB3 (and the capitalization DOES matter) - as you'll notice they're using generic formatting right now, I'm working on trying to do the stylesheet like here, but the naming conventions and where alot of the content is has moved between phpBB2 like this one and phpBB3 like it is.

If anyone knows of, or can find a good easy to understand tutorial about how to convert phpBB2 CSS to pbpBB3 it would be heavenly. (You can see the work I've done so far switching to the DSHForums board format in user CP for now - it's getting there, but still far from as polished as these look)

Zark will be dedicating some serious time to doing it soon, but ideally someone can figure out a quick approach rather than him and I having to brute force our way through, which has been somewhat effective although frustrating with me. (Although wrist aches from health issues don't make it the easiest to reason through things to translate out the differences in location and terms - very easy to lose train of thought when minor pains are hitting consistently - hopefully this batch of issues passes soon)

Last edited by Zuth on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zuth

Zuth

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: These forums are moving soon...   WARNING: These forums are moving soon... EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 3:53 pm

And it's quite solid already, but if anyone has advice for Harcourt on the DKP site (besides the fake member/items for testing things, obviously) it's at www.dhsguild.org/dkp (and lowercase matters) - I've been kicking it a bit and the tires aren't falling off though. (Except the Borskar's charm thing - "super new" items don't work with the one plugin unless a file from Lucy is updated on the server, leaving it there to see if it will catch it retroactively when we do update however)
Back to top Go down
Harcourt

Harcourt

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: These forums are moving soon...   WARNING: These forums are moving soon... EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 4:00 pm

Ah you were serious about that Borskar thing. I thought it was a made up item. I see it now on Allah as item 83018, so perhaps they didn't update the import file. I can add it manually.
Back to top Go down
Zuth

Zuth

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: These forums are moving soon...   WARNING: These forums are moving soon... EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 4:13 pm

Yea, it was the newest thing on Lucy when I added it - probably just the item ID translation file wasn't up to date yet. (There's just a file you DL from Lucy occasionally for it to figure out the item ID from the name, right?)
Back to top Go down
Harcourt

Harcourt

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: These forums are moving soon...   WARNING: These forums are moving soon... EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 5:26 pm

Yes, there is a text list of items which can be pulled from Allah, and imported into the SQL database. It is reasonable that this file will be out of date at times; its probably autogenerated once a week or so. It isn't hard to manually insert a record into the database for a new item.

I have never raided the latest expansions, it would be interesting for this issue to become relevant one day.
Back to top Go down
Rukia
Admin
Rukia

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: These forums are moving soon...   WARNING: These forums are moving soon... EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 5:46 pm

(Asz on her machine a sec):

I did it to check just in case oddball items that were missed show up. (LDoN raids being the biggest example in older content)
Back to top Go down
http://old-school.guildmmorpg.com
grimgore

grimgore

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: These forums are moving soon...   WARNING: These forums are moving soon... EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 6:01 pm

all grim kno ids frodo ids a lewt whore.. Cool
Back to top Go down
Harcourt

Harcourt

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: These forums are moving soon...   WARNING: These forums are moving soon... EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 6:46 pm

Yeah, I should have docked him more for missing the Mordor raid.
Back to top Go down
Zuth

Zuth

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: These forums are moving soon...   WARNING: These forums are moving soon... EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 8:02 pm

Ok, start using www.dhsguild.org/phpBB3 as a primary now - got an important poll up over there about the theme I'd currently be inspired to only adjust slightly to fit us - so agree, disagree, or more input you should have your rear over there to give input.

Not so much forgot, more like typo'ed - and no one else has said anything until now....

Last edited by Zuth on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rukia
Admin
Rukia

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: These forums are moving soon...   WARNING: These forums are moving soon... EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 8:55 pm

Yup yup move along to the new board nothing to see here Smile flower
Back to top Go down
http://old-school.guildmmorpg.com
Zark

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: These forums are moving soon...   WARNING: These forums are moving soon... EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 4:22 am

Took some time out to email everyone registered here about the new boards. Frontend will be slow as i've got tests in just about every class this week so my obvious priority is school. New forums are looking great however.
Back to top Go down
Phelkis

Phelkis

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: These forums are moving soon...   WARNING: These forums are moving soon... EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 3:22 am

Ahh, the link works alot better when you notice that Zuth forgot the l in guild, heh.
Back to top Go down
grimgore

grimgore

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: These forums are moving soon...   WARNING: These forums are moving soon... EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 2:37 pm

psssst.. you gave Phelk the wrong URL right.. We don't want that slacker around amirite...

Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: These forums are moving soon...   WARNING: These forums are moving soon... Empty

Back to top Go down

WARNING: These forums are moving soon...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everquest Progression server :: Public :: General-
Jump to: