Everquest Progression server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for us to organize with so we can create a new guild for the new server.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OMG what has been going on in everyones life???

Go down 
+6
Gremin DaHutt
Zuth
Phelkis
Madus
Rukia
Zabs
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Zabs

Zabs

OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? Empty
PostSubject: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 9:00 pm

Ok, Last time most people heard from me (Jade) I was going to school and doing exams and internships. I would like you to know I graduated in the top % of my class and have since been working at a local hospital!!

I know scary thought...those who know me Razz Lets see in the past year or so I have been working in Neurology, Ortho, OB/GYN, Urology, Internal med, Cardiac and Family Med. It has been a crazy year that I have learned alot in. Currently I am working with a Family Medicine Doctor and we are doing well we specialize in pediatrics and derm...I know weird combo...babies and botox!! I work 10-12 hour days 5 days a week but find time for a 45 minute cardio work out in our fitness center during lunch.This has been consuming most of my life.

I plan on going back to further my educatoin this summer and get a 2nd degree. While I work full time of course Razz

lol yes I do make time for Private stuff and it is going ok and RL friends are beyond awesome occasionally they drag me out to these places where fun is had and food is served....as I am always researching some curious thing or another :)And occasionally some random single guy is tossed in my path....there was the 10 foot snake guy.....the 5'1" dandruff guy....veterenarionman who was commitment centric ...etc....anyway I do get out and have been Kissing many a frog~But no princes yet....Hmm is this TMI??? Hope not!!

Hugs to all and may you have have KEI or feel Fleet of foot

Simply Zabs
aka Jade
Back to top Go down
Rukia
Admin
Rukia

PostSubject: Re: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 9:21 pm

Hmm well that is awesome Jade! I am really happy for you!! I wish you were around here because my doctor wants me to get a blood test and I am phobic of needles lol fun right? Razz Anyway's I Also screwed up my shoulder again, somehow sigh. Also we went to having 2 dogs and 2 cats to having 5 cats and 3 dogs lol. And then I found the perfect cat for my dad and the perfect dog for my mom all in the same week. I am apparently a wiz at helping people find the perfect pets for themselves. So I have been dabbling in that a bit. Also I have been making beautiful beaded bracelets and tryin to sell 'em. I made alot as gifts and people totally loved 'em. I guess I am just the animal crazy artistic gal. But Jade I totally miss you guys. hehe. I used to always love hearing about your crazy adventures too. I have been playing Fallout 3 alot gotta love me some automatic riffles $$$! lol. I may have to go to college again to learn more animal stuff and artistic stuff. I made the banner at the top of the site but I am afraid to know what people think of it. lol. /hug Jade /whispers save me from the angry masses lol. And on a more serious note I lost my Grandfather last year at this time it was really hard for us all. But trying not to think of that too much or I become to sad. Anyways, /hugs I am really happy to see you again. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://old-school.guildmmorpg.com
Madus

Madus

PostSubject: Re: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 9:35 pm

I became an alcoholic. The end.
Back to top Go down
Rukia
Admin
Rukia

PostSubject: Re: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 9:42 pm

Madus wrote:
I became an alcoholic. The end.
I hope your joking my cousin actually is an acholic.
Back to top Go down
Phelkis

Phelkis

PostSubject: Re: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 10:49 pm

Hi all. Long time no chat!

Nothing too out of the ordinary been going on in my life. Tried a few other mmos after progression got really boring. Rappelz, Atlantica, WoW, Mabinogi, but none of em were able to hold my attention for all that long. Only EQ and Meridian59 have been able to hold my attention for a decent amount of time.
Back to top Go down
Rukia
Admin
Rukia

PostSubject: Re: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 10:52 pm

I am lucky I still had your email addy in my email. lol I miss hangin with ya Phelk and figure you can reconnect with the crew. Oh ya buddy. Wish I still had Aglamar and Gavving's infos too and Bragg's and Aeby's Need Aeby for all that hot ranger action lolz.
Back to top Go down
Phelkis

Phelkis

PostSubject: Re: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 10:59 pm

So who else is here that I would know? I notice alot of you are using different names on here. :p

You guys got ventrilo or team speak or any other kinda chat things going on here? Wouldn't mind doing a little real time chatting to catch up with whats new
Back to top Go down
Rukia
Admin
Rukia

PostSubject: Re: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 11:03 pm

Well I am Kagome, Orihimey, Kikyoue, Lornah, Livanniah, Darkvixyen and 1000 other names lol. Aszuth is always Aszuth. Trow is Trow Crimea
Zab is Jade Madus is Madus lol Pheerie is Pheerie Foxfire is Zark lol someone help me out here and yeah I did ask Foxy if he can set us up a chat program because I am technically deficient lol. Anywho you can always give us a call Phelk Razz
Back to top Go down
Zuth

Zuth

PostSubject: Re: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 11:06 pm

I'm always Aszuth except when I'm Vaclav or Zuth, technically.
Back to top Go down
Phelkis

Phelkis

PostSubject: Re: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 11:07 pm

Actually I'd be up for doing a call after I finish cooking and eatting dinner.. So like 40 min to an hour or so, unless I end up watching an ep of something while I eat. Still got a few more eps of Psych to watch Wink
Back to top Go down
Gremin DaHutt

PostSubject: Re: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 12:35 am

Hi All,

I had my kidney transplant in August 08, and actually just returned a few hours ago from going to my 6 month clinic visit today. Everything has gone fine from the transplant with exception of catching CMV, which can cause numerous complications. However, I suspected I had it and let the VA know in a timely manner, so it has been fixed. I am finishing my degree at the end of this year, then starting my credentials to be a High School Math teacher and to Coach Football/Baseball. My family is doing well, kids growing fast. I did lose my grandfather right after my transplant, plus my mother had 2 strokes. Which led to me having to settle my grandfathers estate since my mom could not, which I am still doing. Sindria is doing fine, going to college fulltime to get her initial credits done so she can enter the nursing program.

I will be playing on the new server, and may go guildless a while depending on the situation. Sindria will not be playing, nor will Grebyr, Algoron, or Muslix.

Hope everyone doing fine, I logged onto Combine other night and chatted with Swag. He was only person I saw online who I knew.

Gremin DaHutt
Back to top Go down
Trow

Trow

PostSubject: Re: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 11:13 am

Hey Gremin. I'm glad to hear you got a transplant and it is going well. I can't wait to see you AND Sindria in game (after watching you play you know she'll make a toon).
Back to top Go down
Rukia
Admin
Rukia

PostSubject: Re: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 11:39 am

I am glad you are doing alot better Gremin. It is good to hear or see? Eh, you know what I mean. lol. Would be nice to see you and Sin around even if you guys only play casually. Just glad to see you doing better.
Back to top Go down
Kaeledor

PostSubject: Re: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 6:52 pm

Hey all,

Nice to see some familiar names. Lots new here, I suppose.

Was playing EQ on Combine in RoI until around September, at which point I was sent to Texas for Hurricane Ike. Tried getting back into it after my return, but things were just too hectic at work (having one of my two coworkers out on maternity leave didn't help). Put in for a promotion back in December but things are on standby for a month due to budget cuts; hopefully in 30 days I'll find out if I got the job.

Got engaged on Christmas eve. Now in the process of planning for a November wedding. Her dad's been in and out in the hospital since December, which is making things tough. He has some sort of fungus growing in his lung. We thought they were able to remove it, but now he's having a lot of complications, and they're not sure whether it's more fungus or something else. We're pretty much taking things one day at a time with him.

I've played some Civilizations when I need to relax. EQ would be more fun, but after having to stop and start so many times in the past few months on Combine, I wouldn't feel right going back there. Looking forward to seeing what happens with a new server.

Kael
Back to top Go down
pheerie

pheerie

PostSubject: Re: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 8:41 pm

hey kael!

ok here's me:

gaming:

stopped playing eq a few days before Gremin back in the dhs days and havent played it since.

played Age of Conan for 2 months and Warhammer for about 4 days.

played the EQ2 trial as a Sarnak Wizard for 2 or 3 days until I hit the trial limit. It was really fun and I almost subbed.

personal:

still work at the same place i've been at 7 years or so. I am currently house-shopping and will be buying a house this month or next. I am now involved in a long-distance relationship with a girl I had a crush on back in jr. high (i am 32 now...) - I am flying out to Washington end of this month and she is flying out here end of March. My mom's physical and mental health are declining, so after I buy my house I am going to move her in with me.... oh, I don't drink nearly as much or as often for those who remember my drunken ways... i am practically sober now as far as alcohol is concerned (still love the weed) Smile

a lot of that stuff means greatly decreased playing time, especially in March and April, so I won't be able to be on as much as the first time around :/
Back to top Go down
Harcourt

Harcourt

PostSubject: Re: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 pm

Following Pheerie's formula:

In gaming I took some time off for a bit, working on personal projects.

I experimented with a couple of progression guilds which didn't work out.

I later went back to Stromm and experimented with 4 boxing, which allowed me to camp a few things I haven't been able
to before. That worked out when my schedule was odd.

In my personal life, I started a PhD in Computer Science, focusing on computer games. Yep, hanging around the lab
playing games is "research". My research area is procedural content generation, for example automatically generating
something like an Everquest zone.
Back to top Go down
Zuth

Zuth

PostSubject: Re: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 9:48 pm

Wouldn't a better example of procedural generation be something like Diablo? Since EQ1's not particularly random in it's generation, even LDoN has static geometry. Unless I'm thinking something different than what it is - Microprose/S-H (my only industry experience) really didn't delve too much into that with the projects I worked on. [I QA'ed (well BT'ed in that age) sims almost entirely - with the only exception being X-Com, but even that wasn't truly random from my understanding, based on globe location of an incident that was how the seed was gotten and the seeds were pretty short series from memory - I want to say 12 characters of hex]
Back to top Go down
Harcourt

Harcourt

PostSubject: Re: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 10:37 pm

Any of those games can have their zones/levels automatically generated (in theory). It is an AI problem, and I
think some progress can be made. Humans will always be involved at some level, but I am betting that the workload
can be cut down.

I'm not looking into real-time generation, offline is fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG what has been going on in everyones life???   OMG what has been going on in everyones life??? Empty

Back to top Go down

OMG what has been going on in everyones life???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everquest Progression server :: Public :: General-
Jump to: