Everquest Progression server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for us to organize with so we can create a new guild for the new server.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS

Go down 
+2
Phelkis
Kaeledor
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaeledor

PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS Empty
PostSubject: PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS   PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:13 pm

I'm starting this thread for an easier-to-find place to look for updates on the status of the new progression server. Zuth or another admin, mind stickying this please? And anyone with the latest info, mind posting it here?

(edited to make sticky, zark)
Back to top Go down
Phelkis

Phelkis

PostSubject: Re: PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS   PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:55 pm

Bah, ya got my hopes up... You made me think there was some new news on the server.
Back to top Go down
Lorren

Lorren

PostSubject: Re: PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS   PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 12:38 am

latest estament for the server is now apiril . wasnt an offical statement thou ... trying to find the post again
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/73_fran
Zuth

Zuth

PostSubject: Re: PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS   PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 9:24 am

Vote was mentioned to go up soon via a log-in poll (i.e. sub likely required) in the next "few weeks" over the weekend, FWIW.
Back to top Go down
Zuth

Zuth

PostSubject: Re: PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS   PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:29 am

Only validation I've seen of the April thing was someone guesstimating on the FoH boards - probably without foreknowledge that Nodyin has been working on tweaking the Progression ruleset already for nearly a month. (The presumed winner, by most accounts)

Vote should run by the end of the month, and no reason unless something drastic gets voted for as an option that he hasn't done the coding for (And sensibly he'll be making sure the options work in code before offering them....) that they shouldn't be able to put up the server after a week or two of QA hitting it hard to make sure the wheels don't fall off.

If the voted on option is something drastic/not already done all bets are off though, but considering his thread a few weeks ago and a little bit of correspondence, I'd tend to think he's getting all the options pre-coded - but it's to be seen obviously.
Back to top Go down
Lorren

Lorren

PostSubject: Re: PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS   PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:02 pm

I hope so ... would make sense if they opened the server on march 15th to kick off the 10yr anniversary.
Back to top Go down
Phelkis

Phelkis

PostSubject: Re: PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS   PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:06 pm

Yeah that would be pretty neat. Starting from the begining on the 10th anniversary.
Back to top Go down
Rukia
Admin
Rukia

PostSubject: Re: PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS   PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:07 pm

It should be March for a birthday present for Lorren and I Razz lol. And the rest of us March Bdays too! Plus it's EQ's birthday so I mean c'mon!
Back to top Go down
http://old-school.guildmmorpg.com
Harcourt

Harcourt

PostSubject: Re: PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS   PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:09 pm

I assume the date will depend on when they perform the merge with the Combine. I am assuming that they are planning on reusing the hardware from the Combine, but I have no special knowledge. It would explain why they postponed the poll when the merge was delayed.
Back to top Go down
Zuth

Zuth

PostSubject: Re: PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS   PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Mar 17th if they want to make it a true 10th anniversary of when most could actually log on though!

(working software retail at the time, and taking it as a vacation day, I was lucky enough to get my copy early and got a good 8 hrs in on Mar 15th unlike most of the masses)
Back to top Go down
Lorren

Lorren

PostSubject: Re: PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS   PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 12:18 am

Status Update: The poll is still coming. I'll check to see if I can share a date. Yes you will be required to be an active subscribed to participate in the poll. The poll is expected to be available through the login, once it is available that is.

Zatozia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS   PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS Empty

Back to top Go down

PROGRESSION SERVER STATUS
Page 1 of 1